The CDC Evaluation Fellowship Program is now accepting applications for the 2022 class (estimated start date August 15, 2022). The Program Performance and Evaluation Office (PPEO) manages the Fellowship under the leadership of CDC’s Chief Evaluation Officer (Dan Kidder). Fellows are placed in host programs to work on program evaluation and related activities across the agency. The Evaluation Fellowship offers a unique training opportunity with clear expectations and supportive resources, including professional development funds provided by the host program. In this experiential learning model, Fellows learn evaluation skills working in their host program while helping their host program build, expand, and/or improve their evaluation activities. Fellows are hired under Title 42 training appointments and receive significant financial support for professional development and CDC employee benefits (e.g., medical insurance, sick and vacation leave).
The application deadline is February 22, 2022 11:59 pm EST. Please visit the CDC Evaluation Fellowship website for more information about eligibility, the program, and application process.
The following are the Fellowship eligibility criteria:
· Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a green card status that is valid for at least two more years from the start of the Fellowship (mid-August).
· Have significant applied program evaluation experience and be able to document three projects that demonstrate the depth and breadth of the evaluation experience
· Have a doctoral or master’s level degree from an accredited academic institution in a field relevant to CDC’s work
If selected as Fellows, applicants should be prepared to
· Meet CDC/ATSDR requirements for general employment suitability (e.g., favorable background security check for U.S. Government employment)
· Commit full time to the Fellowship assignment for two years. The second year is contingent on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
· Relocate to the location of the CDC host program (most are in Atlanta, GA)
Please review the CDC Evaluation Fellowship website for information about the Fellowship, eligibility, and application process: https://www.cdc.gov/eval/fellowship/index.htm.
Applications for the Evaluation Fellowship program are due February 22, 2022 11:59 pm EST.
Join one of the informational webinar sessions to learn more about the program and application process, and to have your questions answered. Register to receive access info: Wednesday December 01, 2021, Friday December 17, 2022, Thursday, January 13, 2022, Monday, January 31, 2022 from 12:00 – 1:30 pm EST. Questions can be directed to CDCeval@cdc.gov