- Involving in planning and implementing version upgrades to MS SQL Server.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database issues.
- Basic Working Knowledge of Operating systems – Windows/UNIX/Linux
- Installing the Database Software, Creating/Configuring Database, Managing Database Storage Structures.
- Expertise with Database Administration for all MS SQL Server versions 2008-2016.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, statistics, and implementing operational automation using scripts.
· Knowledge in using native monitoring, troubleshooting tools, performance tuning and optimization.
· Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
· Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MS SQL Server.
· Business Intelligence technologies and advanced reporting applications
· Knowledge on SQL Server security practices.
· Communicates with Development and QA teams regularly to ensure accurate understanding of requirements.
· Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user-friendly language.
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.