You Can Change Summer!
Who We Are
Change Summer is a non-profit organization that exists to close the education opportunity gap. In partnership with educational agencies, Change Summer provides enriching summer camp experiences to students in the Northeast.
Our ultimate goal is to provide an exciting overnight summer camp experience that motivates students to approach the future with curiosity, responsibility, independence, and confidence—essential to college and life success.
We are looking for passionate, caring, and mission-aligned people who recognize that unequal access to high-quality summer programming is a solvable problem and who want to be a part of the solution. If this sounds like you, and you want to experience a true leadership opportunity as well as give campers the chance to have fun, challenge themselves in a safe space, and create new, long-lasting friendships, please apply here.
How We Are Different
Our camp partners with communities that often do not have access to enriching summer opportunities. Our team provides an inclusive and welcoming environment for all campers. We encourage them to create and recreate themselves as they experience life away from home, learn about themselves, and evolve into young leaders.
Why You Should Join Our Team
Our team is a group of diverse leaders with unique perspectives, experiences, and talents. Change Summer team members gain immeasurable work experience and access to professional development tools and contacts.
See yourself in our campers.
See yourself here!
Team Members Should Demonstrate the Following
- Dedication to the mission of AF Camp and to social justice;
- Desire to work in an outdoor, camp setting;
- An “all hands” mentality (i.e., willingness to help ensure we provide the best experience for campers);
- A willingness to receive and implement feedback in order to grow and develop;
- A willingness to develop her/his leadership capabilities;
- An openness to growing her/his confidence and presence;
- A personality and character that exudes flexibility, self-awareness, integrity, curiosity, kindness, and patience;
- Availability to work for the entire camper season (~ 4 weeks, including, team training) without interruption.
Session I: July 5 – July 15
Session II: July 19 – July 31
University in Bristol,
Camper Program Offerings
- Athletics: soccer, flag football, basketball, tennis baseball, kickball, street hockey;
- Waterfront: swim instruction, general swim;
- Adventure: nature, overnight camping, climbing, and low ropes;
- Inter-Arts: arts & crafts, pottery, theater, dance, music;
- STEM: rocketry, natural/environmental science;
- Discovery: self-reflection, journaling, team-building; and
- Intensives: improvisation, photography, puppeteering, cooking, chess, spoken word, hiking, wacky sports, African dance, step dance, and yoga.
- Group counselors
- Activities counselors
- Operational support
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
About Change Summer
Come change lives this summer. Our campers need you.
Change Summer’s mission is to provide students from low-income communities with a summer experience that increases their confidence, independence, responsibility, and curiosity. We partner with high-performing charter school management organizations to create high-quality, customized summer opportunities that align with and complement academic year learning for elementary and middle school students. Change Summer believes that turbocharging a high-quality education with the social and emotional development of summer enrichment ultimately positions campers to be successful through college, career, and life, empowering them to shape their futures.