The Chappaqua Central School District is a nationally renowned, award winning public school system characterized by highly motivated students, a broadly educated and talented staff, and an actively involved parent community. Our community maintains one goal – always do what is in the best interest of our students! The priority in Chappaqua is clear: to be a learning organization where talented individuals from diverse backgrounds feel seen and valued, and are committed to doing their best work!
Chappaqua CSD is looking for a dynamic, engaging and thoughtful educator to serve in the position of part-time Spanish Teacher at HGHS (Gr. 9 – 12)
- Develops and administers world language education curriculum, specifically in Spanish, consistent with school district goals and vision.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning at the high school level.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in a language other than English, including comprehension, grammar and syntax, sentence and paragraph structure, composition, vocabulary and proper word usage, colloquialisms, communication and translation of literature.
- Committed to student-centered and student-driven learning experiences with opportunities for student voice and choice.
- Candidates will be encouraged to contribute to the vision of our SEL work
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively with the faculty and student body.
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of Spanish to everyday life and problem-solving using an inquiry based approach.
- Continues to engage in meaningful professional learning opportunities through readings, workshops, podcasts, conferences, and an active PLN.
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within the department, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.