For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Sr. Technologist – IVB for our Biologics site located in Wilmington, MA.
The following are responsibilities related to the Sr. Technologist – IVB:
• Perform daily test article/substance administration, observation and recording of physical signs of species for contracted laboratory studies. May also perform supportive serology testing as required by study protocols.
• Prepare cage tags and individual animal number tags; prepare and autoclave cages.
• Prepare data forms for routine study procedures. Assist with preparation of data forms for specialized study procedures.
• Record study parameters as required by protocol.
• Ensure adequate supply of dosage equipment during the course of study. Assist in ensuring adequate supply of additional study specified materials such as blood collection tubes.
• Assist in preparation of test agents and formulations. May perform more complex study procedures such as test article neutralization, titration, mandibular blood collection and tumor cell placement. May perform HA testing, ELISA or IFA. Generate periodic summarization of data.
• Assist in routine animal husbandry practices.
• Ensure raw data records are accurate, complete, and in appropriate order, and meet protocol specifications and/or GMP requirements.
• Ensure effective functioning of departmental equipment. Schedule calibrations and any required maintenance.
• Assist in interaction with project managers and technical staff in planning and conduct of studies.
• Assist project managers in preparing responses to both internal and external quality assurance audits.
• Assist in planning and coordinating the activities of the department through hands-on technical support, communication with animal production / lab personnel and occasional delegation to other departmental personnel.
• Mentor and train departmental technicians and technologists. Provide leadership and motivation to all departmental personnel.
• Share responsibility for general housekeeping and maintaining appropriate inventory levels of departmental supplies.
• Responsible for proficiency in all departmental SOPs with general knowledge of the lab/production processes. Participate in review and revision of departmental SOP.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Sr. Technologist – IVB position:
• Education: Associate’s degree (A.A. /A.S.) or equivalent in Biological Sciences or related discipline.
• Experience: Two years related technical experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet