The Technology Division at CMSBC is currently seeking Information Technology majors to join our Summer Internship Program as a Helpdesk Support Interns. As a HelpDesk Support Intern, you will be part of a team of IT professionals who provide in-house technical PC and Mac hardware and software support for over 100 users. You will respond to users’ calls and trouble reports, personally troubleshoot the nature of their problems, and take the necessary courses of action to resolve them.
We are specifically recruiting interns who are interested in the following:
- Practice building and configuring PCs and laptops as well as loading software, and conducting software audits
- Troubleshoot and repair issues related to software, hardware, email, network access, etc.
- Provide over-the-phone and in-person desktop support to users
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Install computer peripherals for users
- Deploy new users and PCs to network
- Work on CMSBC-related technology projects
- Perform other duties as determined by the IT Director
- Junior or senior standing
- Pursuing a 2 or 4 year IT degree and/or 2-5 years equivalent experience
- Understand the Google Workspace environment (working in active directory for user management)
- Understanding of Local and Wide Area Networking and services – DHCP/ DNS/ TCP/ IP
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Understand configuring and troubleshooting mobile devices (Android, iPhone, iPad)
In addition to your technological responsibilities, you will complete various adjunct tasks related to department initiatives, and collaborate with industry experts.
- Pleasant phone demeanour
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiate to proactively manage workload
Valued But Not Required Skills And Experience
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- Google certifications a plus
- A+ certification a plus
CMSBC hires interns who demonstrate strong interest in our company’s mission, are conscientious, and have a commitment to rigor. We also value interns who possess the ability to thrive in a team environment, are creative problem-solvers, and have strong critical thinking skills.
CMSBC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally- protected characteristics.