The Information Technology Division at CMSBC is currently seeking IT majors to join our team part-time as Network Administrator interns. A minimum commitment of twenty hours per week is required. Upon successful completion of the internship, you’ll sit for the Google Admin certification exam (at our expense) to earn an official Google Administrator Certificate that you can share with prospective employers and your professional network.
During their , CMSBC Sys-Admin interns will learn how to market themselves in both formal corporate environments and as freelancers, by developing mastery in the following:
- create and configure a new Google Workspace account with a primary domain and explore options for provisioning
- manage users
- become familiar with organizational structures
- configure core services such as Gmail and Calendar to meet the needs of different parts of the organization
- protect users and data
- examine user and application security and become familiar with the Single Sign-On (SSO) options available for the organization
- identify security events and risks and mitigate problems that may arise
- configure email compliance and implement measures to protect the organization from spam, spoofing, phishing, and malware attacks
- become familiar with the various mail routing options available
- deploy Google Workspace organization-wide
In addition to your IT responsibilities, you will complete various adjunct tasks related to department initiatives, and collaborate with industry experts. These include, and are not limited to, assisting in daily departmental activities, taking part in special projects, and lending a hand with research.
This internship may be completed for college credit, or for experiential learning in an unpaid capacity. Those seeking college credit from this internship must attach documentation from their school that outlines their school’s internship requirements/parameters, as part of their application package.
CMSBC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.