The Technology Division at CMSBC is currently seeking IT majors interested in the user interface and user experience aspects of web design. We are recruiting interns who are wanting to learn about:
- fulfilling the Marketing Team’s vision for client websites while ensuring security and operational integrity from a technical standpoint.
- modifying the front-end for content updates of client websites using our proprietary software.
- collaborating with the web design technical team to find long-term solutions via back-end code to solve user experience problems.
- acting as a liaison between the touchy-feely creatives and the analytic coders to ensure that everyone is happy as the project launches.
- collaborating with graphic designers to integrate photos, videos, and animated whiteboards into client websites, whose layouts employ color psychology and typography that is on-brand for the client and visually appealing to the targeted market.
- collaborating with copywriters to ensure different copy versions are placed on the corresponding website variants for each client’s target markets.
- interest in learning about meta-tags and other SEO tricks of the trade.
The ideal candidate will have a flair for salesmanship, and understand that web design is more than simply dropping content on a webpage. In addition to your Website Development responsibilities, you will assist in daily departmental activities, take part in special projects, and lend a hand with research.
CMSBC prefers interns who demonstrate a strong interest in our company mission, are conscientious about their work product and have a commitment to maintaining confidentiality. We also value team players with strong problem-solving abilities, who have strong written and verbal communication skills.
This internship may be completed for college credit, or for experiential learning in an unpaid capacity. Those seeking college credit from this internship must attach documentation from their school that outlines their school’s internship requirements/parameters, as part of their application package.
CMSBC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.