At the present time, vacancies exist for P/T Preschool Special Education Instructional Assistants within the Division of Student Services of the CCIU. All positions are benefit eligible.
- High school diploma required
- Associates degree or higher or completion of two (2) years of post-secondary education or 48 credit hours from an accredited college or university preferred
- Willingness to work with students in preschool special education program required
- Current police, child abuse & FBI fingerprint clearances
- Clearance as an MA provider by the Commonwealth of PA and federal government (conducted by CCIU upon hire)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting in the implementation of basic skills
- Performing duties as directed by the teacher
- Duties may include 1:1 instruction and small group instruction
- Toileting and other basic care
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, stand, and walk
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. May include positioning of students with physical disabilities. The weight and ability of students requiring assistance may vary greatly, all students are 3-6 years old.
- 7.5 hours a day
- Schedule varies by location
- Monday- Thursday
- The preschool calendar is year round, with 2-3 week break in June and again in August. The Preschool program runs in July.
$14.42 – $21.04 per hour, based upon education and/or experience in a similar role