CECP is a CEO-led coalition that believes that a company’s social strategy—how it engages with key stakeholders including employees, communities, investors, and customers—determines company success.
Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders to create a better world through business, CECP has grown to a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $6.6 trillion in revenues, $21.2 billion in societal investment, 14 million employees, and $15 trillion in assets under management. CECP helps companies transform their social strategy by providing customized connections and networking, counsel and support, benchmarking and trends, and awareness building and recognition.
CECP commits to and promotes anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organization and with our affiliated companies and their leaders. We prohibit discrimination and provide equal opportunities in a respectful environment for all individuals and partnerships, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental health, disability, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship, or any other status that may or may not be protected by law or local policies. We advocate as an organization and for our coalition companies to denounce racism, hate, injustice, and prejudice against individuals, communities, and around the world. We have written anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices. We do not discriminate in our societal, philanthropic, and business decisions; we encourage and support our affiliated companies to do the same.
CECP seeks an intern to support the Corporate Strategy & Impact team with its annual research cycle and other growth areas. CECP Corporate Strategy & Impact supports how companies collect, compare, evaluate, and share their data. CECP’s annual research cycle begins in January with the Giving in Numbers online survey launch until the release of Giving in Numbers in the fall. The intern will also assist in the definition of a theoretical Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) framework of Investing in Society, one of CECP’s largest annual reports. This year’s research seeks to help companies assess their performance on each ESG pillar. The intern will work with all team members but will report to the Senior Manager of Corporate Strategy & Impact.
The Corporate Strategy & Impact Summer fellow, will:
- Support with external research for Giving in Numbers and Investing in Society to explain findings from the collected data;
- Clean the Giving in Numbers 2021 dataset and help build Excel Spreadsheets that can be used by the larger team;
- Create analysis and write-up for the Giving in Numbers 2021 report;
- Assist with the data transfer from online survey tool (Alchemer) into MySQL backend;
- Create data visualizations and sync the newest Giving in Numbers data into business intelligence/data visual tool (Sisense);
- Assist in the definition of a theoretical framework for ESG data collected in Bloomberg to measure companies’ ESG performance using Factor Analysis or similar statistical methods;
- Incorporate Bloomberg data into MySQL database that can later be used to analyze data collected through our annual surveys;
- Assist in the creation of online survey of the Global Impact at Scale report and its subsequent analysis;
- Other related data analysis projects as assigned by the Corporate Strategy & Impact team (e.g., company requests or ad-hoc analysis).
This role is for you if you have:
- Genuine and demonstrated interest in the corporate social responsibility field;
- Enthusiasm about advancing CECP’s mission;
- Candidate for an advanced degree in a relevant field such as business, public policy, public administration, or similar fields;
- Proved technical knowledge of quantitative analysis, research, and data visualization tools;
- Proficiency in MySQL, SQL, database governance;
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods preferred but not required (e.g., factor analysis, cluster analysis, regression);
- Strong communication skills, ability to work independently, and follow-through;
- A high-degree of initiative, motivation, and commitment to excellence;
- A sense of humor and humility to collaborate effectively with colleagues;
Please apply at https://cecp.co/jobapplication and upload your resume and a brief cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.