CECP is a CEO-led coalition that believes that a company’s social strategy—how it engages with key stakeholders including employees, communities, investors, and customers—determines company success.
Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders to create a better world through business, CECP has grown to a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $6.6 trillion in revenues, $21.2 billion in societal investment, 14 million employees, and $15 trillion in assets under management. CECP helps companies transform their social strategy by providing customized connections and networking, counsel and support, benchmarking and trends, and awareness building and recognition.
CECP commits to and promotes anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organization and with our affiliated companies and their leaders. We prohibit discrimination and provide equal opportunities in a respectful environment for all individuals and partnerships, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental health, disability, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship, or any other status that may or may not be protected by law or local policies. We advocate as an organization and for our coalition companies to denounce racism, hate, injustice, and prejudice against individuals, communities, and around the world. We have written anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices. We do not discriminate in our societal, philanthropic, and business decisions; we encourage and support our affiliated companies to do the same.
The John C. Whitehead Internship is named after CECP’s late Director Emeritus John C. Whitehead, who was Former Co-Chair, Goldman, Sachs & Co. and Former Deputy Secretary of State. For the 2021 Whitehead Internship, CECP seeks an intern to support the Corporate Strategy and Impact team with the delivery of Advanced Advisory services to companies in our network as well as the development, recruitment, and planning of CECP’s Accelerate Communities.
- Conduct and manage outreach process for recruitment of companies to CECP’s Accelerate Communities;
- Conduct external research to supplement Accelerate Community planning and curriculum
- Research new and emerging trends for future Accelerate projects;
- Support project deliverables for Advanced Advisory cases
- Assist with translating insights from related sessions at the May 25-26 CECP Summit into actionable tools or deliverables for companies; requested attendance at CECP Summit (virtual) regardless of start date.
- Support annual renewal process and other Corporate Strategy & Impact projects as needed
This role is for you if you have:
- Demonstrated professional interest in corporate social engagement;
- Experience with project management and/or client-facing work;
- A high-degree of initiative, motivation, and commitment to excellence;
- A sense of humor and humility to collaborate effectively with colleagues;
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and interest in advancing CECP’s mission.
- An advanced degree (or are a candidate for one) in a relevant field such as business, public policy, or public administration is preferred
Please apply at https://cecp.co/jobapplication and upload your resume and a brief cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.