Develop, organize, and implement an appropriate computer literacy program in an after-school learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. To teach computer literacy to K-8 students and assist staff with the use of instructional technology.
Essential Job Functions:
· Develop and facilitate a comprehensive digital literacy curriculum to students in grades K-8, incorporating keyboarding skills, content creation, digital citizenship, Google Apps, content area enrichment, and other topics as appropriate.
· Teach students the knowledge and skills to use computers as tools for learning, responsible recreation, and research.
· Use technology to promote learning, creativity, and collaboration
· Collaborate with staff to determine appropriate use of computer instruction
· Select and maintain appropriate digital resources for students and staff
· Promote a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning
· Select and compile instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records; ensure machines and equipment are in proper working order
· Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles
· Incorporate online educational platforms to enhance remote and in-person activities
· Other duties as assigned
· NYS certified in Technology Education. (Special Education a plus)
· In depth knowledge of and ability to use MS Office, PC hardware and software
· Experience or certification in computer programming or web design
· Creative thinker who can develop engaging digital literacy programming in an after-school setting