About the Company:
Children of Promise, NYC (CPNYC) is a non-profit organization that provides a year-round, unique, integrated academic and enrichment teen program and summer program service model that meets the distinctive needs of children with incarcerated parent(s). CPNYC’s mission is to embrace and empower the children of incarcerated parents to break the cycle of intergenerational involvement in the criminal justice system through guidance, support and access to the necessary resources to effectively develop leadership skills, form positive social relationships and enhance academic performance.
With its expansion of services and opening of new locations, CPNYC is seeking to hire Part-Time interns for the Bronx location. 20 hours a week. 3PM – 7PM.
Duties and Responsibility:
· Assist in implementing the CPNYC curriculum, helping school age children improve literacy competencies, values, and physical fitness in an activity-based environment
· Assist senior counselor with planning and creating innovative age appropriate activities
· Assist in developing lesson plans to conduct them daily; read, tell stories, lead songs and games
· Help maintain enrollment and daily attendance records
· Assist children with homework and guide students in their academic growth
· Other job-related duties as described in job description
· Other duties as assigned