Responsibilities will include:
• Handles all issues relating to the patient accounts
• Explain insurance benefits to patient
• Investigate paid claims information utilizing clinic databases
• Ensure clinicians POS information is accurately entered in database for clean claims submission
• Coordinates with insurance providers and handles prior authorization, as necessary.
• Assist Mental Health Billing Intern with Insurance verification.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment in an organized manner.
• Attend all Mental Health billing meetings as requested.
• Effectively communicate problems, concerns, or issues to the Practice Manager promptly.
• Experience in medical billing and collections in a clinical setting.
• Strong understanding of Medical Terminology.
• Must have HIPAA certification.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
• Exceptional customer service skills, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Associates Degree preferred, area of study: Health Administration or Medical Billing and Coding.