Children of Promise, NYC (CPNYC) is a non-profit organization that provides a year-round, unique, integrated academic and enrichment after-school and summer program service model that meets the distinctive needs of children with incarcerated parent(s). CPNYC’s mission is to embrace and empower the children of incarcerated parents to break the cycle of intergenerational involvement in the criminal justice system through guidance, support and access to the necessary resources to effectively develop leadership skills, form positive social relationships and enhance academic performance.
Job Description – The Human Resources Intern provides a high level of administrative support to CPNYC’s Human Resources Department The ideal candidate will be exceedingly professional, well organized, flexible, proactive, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office. The ability to interact with staff and our participants in a fast-paced environment is crucial to this role. The ideal candidate will possess a desire to work with a youth-based community organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Type documents, reports, and correspondence.
- Update and organize attendance records of participants in after-school and summer camp program.
- Maintain office filing and storage systems, databases such as mailing lists, contact lists and client information.
- Prepare and distribute program schedule to direct service staff.
- Develop weekly schedules and assist in ensuring daily staff coverage including vacation programming for mid-winter break, spring break and holidays.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of after school and summer camp programs.
- Answer heavy phones, faxing, scanning, and copying of documents.
- Providing on-site crisis intervention when the program is in operation.
- Responsibility for ensuring the smooth operation of the program within the building including responding to specific maintenance and security concerns.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining inventory of the use of equipment and supplies as well as making sure equipment is repaired when necessary and that adequate supplies are maintained.
- Assist in creating staff training materials as well as preparing documents needed for ongoing staff meetings.
- Coordinate collection & summary of statistical information and daily attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.