Children’s Aid provides comprehensive community services to children of all ages and their families residing in underserved communities. An array of services supports families from cradle to college to alleviate societal challenges that can interrupt a child, adolescent or young adults’ abilities to thrive and maximize their potential.
Children’s Aid offers a continuum of short term evidence based interventions of varying levels of intensity, in five boroughs. The prevention services continuum consists of Family Support, therapeutic and Family Assessment Program (FAP) program services as well as the Safe Way Forward Program for families impacted by Domestic Violence. Our prevention service interventions are charged with the responsibility to avert current, future or repeat involvement child welfare or juvenile justice systems.
Position Summary: The Family Team Conferencing (FTC) Facilitator will report to the Program Director and will be responsible to schedule, coordinate, facilitate and track all various family team conferences for the program. The FTC facilitator will also gather reports on conference occurrence for purposes of QA compliance.
Responsibilities: General responsibilities for the position of FTC facilitator include but are not limited to the following:
FTC Facilitator Responsibilities:
- Complete training for FTC Facilitation
- Develop working knowledge of all current FTC standards and policies
- Familiarize new staff, as needed, with various FTCs and program compliance mandates
- Conduct pre and post FTC briefing of case with case planner and Supervisor
- Facilitate FTCs in which Children’s Aid has facilitation responsibility
- Participate in team meetings, training and planning sessions
- Fulfill Work Force Institute requirements
- Liaison with ACS FTC and FSS units as needed
- Ensure that case planners/therapists have invited all the necessary participants and that families have been encouraged to include community partners who will support them
- Prepare statistical reports with regards to FTC’s
- Ensure documentation of FTC outcomes in Connections
- For ADVPO ( voluntary) cases, conduct periodic sampling of case record documentation of FTCs
- Ensure documentation of all conferences in ACS PROMIS system.
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance/Director to ensure compliance with all conferencing mandates and policies.
- Take the lead in response to any new ACS FTC implementation initiatives
- Facilitate groups as needed
- Other tasks assigned, and as necessary to support the program’s needs.
- Master’s degree required in Social Work or a related field.
- Experience working with adolescents and families in a child welfare, mental health or juvenile justice setting preferred.
- Trained in FTC preferred.
- Knowledge of ACS CONNECTIONS and PROMIS systems a plus.
- Comfortable with training a plus.
- Experience creating and providing training preferred.
- Ability to work independently, as well as contribute to a team.
- Strong clinical, organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent engagement and interpersonal/communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible, including travel.
· Medical, Vision, Dental
· 403b + employer match
· Up to 20 vacation days
· Sick days
· Personal days
· Paid holidays
· Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
· Pre-tax transportation account
· Voluntary benefit plans & life insurance
· Education support program
Visit us: https://www.childrensaidnyc.org