Position Summary: The Functional Family Therapy (FFT) Supervisor in our Family Assessment Program (FAP) will serve the combined roles of an Administrative Supervisor and FFT Lead Therapist. The FFT Supervisor also functions in the role of “site lead” of the FFT Program. Supervisors are required to ensure that interactions involving staff and clients are trauma informed and reflect the agency’s DEI and Anti-racism framework.
Responsibilities: General responsibilities of an FFT Supervisor in the role of “Administrative Supervisor” will be to:
- Provide accountability, child welfare and administrative supervision for up to four (4) FFT Therapists, Case Aides or Educational Specialist
- Provide Accountability Oversight to ensure compliance with ACS 2021 Prevention Services Standards and Indicators, including;
- collaborate with CQI team to improve program practice and outcomes by reviewing and providing feedback on the CQI Utilization Dashboard and Monthly Performance Reports.
- monitor all ACS/OCFS database systems, such as PROMIS, CONNX and eVOLV, to ensure compliance with key performance indicators
- ensure timely completion, review and approval of FASPs, Plan Amendments and Progress notes
- ensure that length of service, home assessments and assessment of children and adults in or frequenting the home are completed
- ensure that team engages in outreach activities in the community in order to attain required 20% utilization from self-referrals as required by contract
- Provide Child Welfare Supervision to therapists consistent with the Staff Supervision Standard as delineated in the ACS 2021 Prevention Services Standards and Indicators. Elements of this includes
- provide weekly supervision to all therapists inclusive of coaching, support, and guidance to conduct accurate, comprehensive assessments and professional development
- document case discussions and case record reviews monthly in Supervisory Reviews for each case as well as complete Profession Development Log for each supervisee
- collaborate with all departments of ACS including FAP, DCP, OPTA, OPPP, etc, as needed to ensure the safety needs of children are being addressed
- ensure compliance will all other ACS Preventive Standards, policies and procedures related to CSEC, Safe Sleep, Cross Over Youth Practice Model, Intermit Partner Violence assessments, etc
- Provide Administrative Oversight (with support from the Admin Assistant) to ensure therapists complies with all agency policies and procedures, including;
- Ensure that staff comply with agency conditions of employment related to attendance, hours of work/TimeForce and use of sick, personal, vacation time etc.
- ensure that all staff meet performance standards and comply with agency standards of behavior and code of conduct
- complete performance evaluations and address performance issues in a timely and progressive manner
- Completes all other tasks related to role of administrative supervisor.
General responsibilities of FFT Supervisor in the role of a “Site Lead” includes, but are not limited to:
- May be required to carry caseload of up to 5 FFT cases in order to qualify for role of site lead
- Attend all FFT trainings, conference calls staffing’s and site visits as required
- Provide weekly Individual Supervision and Group Staffing to all FFT Therapists to ensure fidelity and adherence to the FFT Model
- Ensure that all cases are opened and closed in the FFT/CSS system
- Ensure therapists completes all assessment tools and enter them in FFTOQ system in a timely manner
- Complete all staff ratings on a weekly basis and coordinates with FFT national consultant to ensure completion of all GTRs (Global Therapist Ratings) and TYPE (Tri-Yearly Performance Evaluations)
- Master’s degree in social work (MSW) or equivalent degree in any NYS license-eligible Mental Health profession required. LCSW or equivalent licensing preferred.
- Clinical and supervisory experience working with adolescents and families in a child welfare, mental health or juvenile justice setting.
- At least two years’ experience practicing as a FFT therapist is preferred but not required.
- Willingness to learn and work within the Functional Family Therapy (FFT) philosophy and model;
- Ability to attend the FFT Externship and Supervisor Training
- Ability and willingness to work with families and teens in their own homes, and when the families are available to meet, including evenings and some weekends;
- Ability to work independently, as well as contribute to a team;
- Strong clinical and administrative skills and very good interpersonal/communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to be flexible including available on weekends and evening as required or to carry cases in another borough when needed
- Computer literate
· Medical, Vision, Dental
· 403b + employer match
· Up to 20 vacation days
· Sick days
· Personal days
· Paid holidays
· Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
· Pre-tax transportation account
· Voluntary benefit plans & life insurance
· Education support program
Visit us: https://www.childrensaidnyc.org