Adolescent Depression Prevention and Treatment Lab (ADePT)
Supervised by Dr. Jami Young (Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia)
Thank you very much for your interest in working with Dr. Young as an ADePT research assistant at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. We are currently accepting applications for Spanish-speaking volunteer research assistant positions beginning the Summer or Fall 2021. In order for us to learn more about you, please complete this application and availability schedule and return it via email. If there is a good match between your goals and experiences and what we’re looking for, we will e-mail you to set up an interview.
Please send the completed application to Waynitra Hall (HALLW@chop.edu). Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Year in School: __________________________________________
Overall GPA: __________________________________________
Psychology GPA: __________________________________________
**Please include your most recent transcript with your application**
AVAILABILITY: Please highlight your responses to these questions.
1. We require a commitment of 8 hours per week. Will you be able to fulfill the required hours?
2. Are you available:
Weekdays between 7:30AM and 3:30PM?
Weekday evenings after 3:30PM?
3. Are you free on Mondays from 2:30-3:30PM for our weekly team meeting? (This is not a requirement, but we prefer that RAs attend)
4. We require a minimum two-semester commitment for RA positions. Would you be willing to make a commitment to this position… (highlight or bold all that apply:)
A. For the summer semester of 2021?
B. For the fall semester of 2021?
C. For the spring semester of 2022?
5a. Do you have a car? (This is not a requirement.)
5b. If you do not have a car, are you willing/able to use public transportation? The position requires traveling to various high schools and/or primary care practices around Philadelphia.
1. Are you fluent in Spanish?
PREVIOUS RESEARCH EXPERIENCE:
1. Have you worked in any other labs before? Describe any past or current research experience(s).
GOALS AND INTERESTS:
1. Why do you want to volunteer as a research assistant in our lab?
2. What are your goals after graduation?
3. What kinds of experiences are you hoping to gain in this position?
4. Please tell us something about yourself that you would like us to know (e.g., an interesting hobby, a life experience, etc.).
CV or RESUME:
If you would like to do so, you may also attach a copy of your CV or resume. Doing so, however, is not required. Note: Please attach a copy of your most recent transcript.
Please provide the information for someone who we may contact to learn more about you. Ideally, this would be a research supervisor or someone who has overseen your work in an academic or professional setting.
Relationship (e.g., supervisor, instructor):
Completed applications may be emailed to Waynitra Hall (HALLW@chop.edu).