The Teen Ministry Coordinator Intern will provide planning support to Teen Director and Associate Teen Director for activities that will purposefully engage teenagers ages 6th grade to 12th grade.
What You Will Learn:
- How to use ProPresenter software, current industry standard in media production.
- How to train and lead a team of volunteer instructors.
- How to plan and execute an event geared towards teenagers.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with volunteer teaching staff to plan, design, and implement teen-centered and appropriate curriculum.
- Communicate with teens to assist them in understanding lessons and connecting with them on an interpersonal level.
- Supervise Quest Teens Leaders and provide coaching to enrich their teaching methods.
- Assist staff in developmental screenings, assessments, and other instruments to evaluate current volunteer teaching methods and abilities.
- Work with a team to produce large scale teen events and monthly Quest Teen church.
What We Require:
- Youth camp counselor experience preferred.
- Experience creating and implementing teen-engaging lessons.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated; open to constructive criticism and feedback.
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.