A Merchant Coordinator at Christmas Tree Shops performs administrative functions to support the merchant organization. They execute these responsibilities for an assigned set of product categories based on the needs of the merchants. The Merchant Coordinator should have proven ability to multi-task and operate independently, with strong organization and Excel skills.
- Run On-Order Reports and review the shipping status of all products with Buyer. Effectively navigate supply chain to assist vendors in shipping and receiving needs and maintain communication with vendors and internal teams to ensure on time shipments.
- Assist in purchase order writing and PO revisions and maintain follow up communication with vendors.
- Execute administrative tasks for print and email ad campaigns, including worksheet completion, and item and sample submission to marketing.
- Assist merchants with creating, tracking and updating sample management lists
- Interact daily with cross-functional teams to coordinate merchandising objectives and support collaboration.
- Assist merchants in other administrative functions as required
- Results oriented with a high degree of resilience and perseverance. Ability to maintain focus on goals and objectives that deliver results.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Can prioritize effectively and work independently.
- Strong logistics skills with ability to assist in managing product flow from suppliers.
- Agility to acquire/apply new practices in a constantly changing environment.
- Great communicator who works best in a collaborative environment and builds mutual trust and credibility at all levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical skills, systems thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Acts with urgency to resolve issues impacting service or sales. Is responsive and enjoys helping other achieve their goals.
- Exhibits optimism and enthusiasm.
- Effective vendor management skills – operates with integrity and acts in the best interest of the company.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must
- Strong communication and follow up skills required
- Retail experience preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- A balance of work-from-home and in the corporate office
- Sample management, which includes lifting and moving packages and samples in the corporate office.
ABOUT CHRISTMAS TREE SHOPS
Christmas Tree Shops is an off-price brick and mortar home goods retailer with a specialty in seasonal products. The Christmas Tree Shops experience revolves around a trend-right, always-changing mix of merchandise that makes each customer visit a shopping adventure of anticipation and delight. The 50-year-old company has roots in the Northeast with the first store located on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and today operates 80 stores in 20 states under the banners of Christmas Tree Shops, Christmas Tree Shops andThat! or andThat!