COMBINED INSURANCE SUMMER INTERNSHIP – BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
Combined Insurance, a Chubb company, is seeking a Business Intelligence Intern to join our fast-paced, high energy, growing company for a Summer 2022 internship. Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded and ethical. Spend your summer working as a Combined Insurance Intern where you will have the opportunity to gain career-building experience.
Who are we looking for?
Successful interns at Combined Insurance come from many backgrounds and experiences and bring that rich diversity with them to our company. They also have some things in common, and these attributes will lead to your success at Combined:
• Results orientation: a demonstrated ability to meet commitments; including under pressure
• Intellectual agility: capable and willing to master and apply new knowledge
• Personal capacity: accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time
• Communication skills: an ability to communicate successfully in various settings
• Interpersonal/team skills: able to work effectively with colleagues at all levels
• Self-leadership: an ability to take full ownership of work and show initiative as needed
• Client focused: understanding of the needs of customers and clients
• Work ethic: a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct
Examples of past Intern tasks/projects:
• Assist in developing and preparing weekly and monthly reports to address the business needs of the Finance department
• Create data visualizations and transform data into innovative dashboard designs
• Maintain large sets of data that require validation, cleansing and troubleshooting
• Create and maintain online automated reports using Power BI; update and maintain SQL databases to ensure data quality
• Analyse and integrate data from multiple sources
• Technology Skills Including: Microsoft Word, Excel, SQL, PowerPoint.
• Experience with DAX and/or Power-BI, a plus!
• Oral and written communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong record of academic achievement (minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA to qualify)
• Actively enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program (December 2022 or May 2023 graduate preferred)
• Local to Chicagoland area
• Business Intelligence – preferred majors: IT, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, or Finance
Schedule 10-Weeks; Full-time, M-F 8:30am – 5pm CT