Combined Insurance, A Chubb company, is seeking Sr. Manager, Worksite Program to join our fast-paced, high energy, growing company. We are proud of our tradition of success in the insurance industry of over 90 years. Come join our team of hard-working, talented professionals!
The Sr. Manager, Worksite Program is responsible for engaging and leading a team to provide outstanding service to our clients and distribution partners. This person will guide the development and effectiveness of the team by advocating a climate of ownership and accountability for all aspects of billing, payroll, and inquiries. The person in this role is also charged with proactively and continuously seeking process improvement opportunities to better serve our customers and deliver positive business results.
* Lead team to manage workflow and oversee all billing activities to ensure billing accuracy and premium application.
* Responsible for financial/premium accounting oversight for all lines of business, including coverages not administered by Chubb, like LBT
* Provide input into policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function
* Drive successful and consistent financial results
* Provide on-going professional and timely support to dedicated accounts, ensuring the completion of premium questions and all case elements.
* Provide prompt response to questions from employer groups, client issue resolution, implementation of new strategies/ideas as appropriate and other work throughout the year according to established standard procedures and guidelines
* Proactively review team service and accounts to identify premium, billing or service issues; ensuring team serves as point of contact.
* Engage team via coaching and mentoring to maintain culture of continuous improvement.
* Effectively manage resources and direct workflows to optimize service outcomes in order to achieve business objectives.
* Perform regular audits and continually analyze, propose, and implement improvements to workflows, structure, and service models.
* Maintain current knowledge of client needs, products, and insurance industry.
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external partners in order to resolve customer issues.
* Possess exceptional client service mindset and strong relationship ownership
* Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities
* Strong time management and organizational skills with high attention to detail
* Ability to influence and work under pressure to meet client needs
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* History of continuous process improvement and proactive ownership of workflows
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
* 1-2 years management experience
* Background in group insurance billing practices preferred
* Experience successfully leading an external facing customer service team, preferably in the insurance, financial services or professional services industries
* Strong skills using Microsoft Office suite of products
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products, and a Chubb company. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 4,700 in North America, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company, Chubb, is one of the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries and territories, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 31,000 people worldwide.