Cigna’s Operations Leadership Development Program (OLDP) is a rotational development program that provides early-career candidates the opportunity to be directly involved with the ongoing operations of a dynamic health care industry leader. OLDP Associates complete rotations that provide cross-functional exposure to operations within different business units in order to develop high potential individuals ready to take on roles with increasing scope and responsibility within the company.
A great way to experience the field of Operations Management and assess the OLDP is through our 10-week, paid summer internship offering students a realistic experience of what it’s like to work in Operations at Cigna. Our interns are treated as if they are full-time program associates and this opportunity acts as a potential catalyst to full-time employment within the OLDP.
What you’ll do
• Managing project plans from intake to completion phases for new initiatives by: identifying project requirements and creating plans to meet target dates, assigning task ownership and delivery dates, and monitoring progress while anticipating and eliminating barriers.
• Creating working relationships with business partners across the corporation.
• Evaluating current operational procedures and producing data driven recommendations to improve efficiency, quality and customer experience
• Developing metrics, scorecards and dashboards that provide key insights and analytics into the impact of operational process improvements
• Leveraging design thinking methodologies to understand the voice of customer and drive innovative solutions
• Working independently or on a team to influence others to achieve goals.
Location: Cigna’s Global Corporate Headquarters in Hartford (Bloomfield), Connecticut and St. Louis, Missouri.
Paid Housing: Summer housing will likely be provided for interns living 50 miles or more from the assigned office but will be assessed given the COVID environment closer to the start date out of caution for the health and safety of our employees.
Summer Experience: Beyond your summer project, you’ll have opportunities to meet other interns and participate in community service events, executive speaker series, networking activities, professional development workshops, and deliver an end of summer presentation.
What you need to do the job
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Previous business-related work/internship experience
• Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to drive results
• Customer service experience
• Analytic and problem-solving ability
• Ability to effectively communicate via oral and written channels
• Energetic, self-motivated and career-driven
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity
• Great time management skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
One goal of this internship program is to prepare and identify qualified candidates for roles with Cigna post-graduation. Therefore, this temporary internship is open only to individuals who are eligible for employment in the United States and who would not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.