Citizens Campaign for the Environment (CCE) is hiring summer campaign staff to help in the fight to protect Long Island’s air, land, and water resources through grassroots organizing. We need folk who share our passion and commitment for educating and organizing support for sustainable environmental policies in New York State and Connecticut.
*8*In person position** PT/FT, flexible start and end dates, potential to transition into year round employment***
Current Campaign: Extended Produce Responsibility
Since China has closed their recycling markets off to the U.S, local municipalities have been left to manage disposal efforts on tax payer dollars. This has left recycling costs to skyrocketed and recycling rates to decline. We need to pressure the NYS Senate, Assembly, and Governor to follow suite of Canada and the EU to make Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) a standard. EPR is incredibly fundamental holding manufacturers financially accountable to the obscene amount of packaging and paper waste that end up in our recycling centers and landfills.
We are looking for enthusiastic leaders who are motivated to verbally engage and educate countless people on environmental initiatives. Folk on our team are invested into continual learning about the topics off grassroots activism, nonprofit work, social justice, the environment, and much much more!
CCE prides itself on being the biggest year-round, grassroots environmental organization on Long Island- this is an entry level position where you will canvass door-to-door generating signatures, donations, and letters as power in numbers behind our Environmental Legislative Initiatives. Working with us on a campaign, two, or three, will open up opportunities for networking, management, and travel with in and outside of CCE.
- Competitive pay with weekly opportunities for performance-based bonuses
- Personalized Paid Training
- Get experience in the environmental, political, and activism spheres
- Having an impact on Local, State, and Nationwide legislation
- Opportunities for advancement, increased pay, and manager responsibilities within 3 months
- Travel opportunities within nationwide network of nonprofit environmental organizations
- Extended Full time employment (6+ Months): 401k, health insurance, paid time off, and sick days
Farmingdale, NY / Syracuse, NY/ or Hamden, CT
Full time: Monday-Friday 2-10:30 PM (not negotiable)
Part time: At least 3 days/week 2-10:30 PM (not negotiable)
Starting weekly pay: $560 (FT) + performance bonus