The San Francisco Department of the Environment is hiring two Zero Waste Coordinators for the Commercial and Residential Zero Waste teams.
Do you want to make a real impact improving the environment? As the Commercial or Residential Zero Waste Assistant Coordinator, you will be responsible for assisting with the development, implementation, evaluation and enforcement of the City’s zero waste policies and programs in the commercial or residential sector. You will work with diverse generators on waste prevention and recovery of resources. You will have day-to-day decision-making responsibilities for projects as well as the ability to negotiate within project scopes.
Job duties include:
• Assist in implementing the City’s zero waste policies and programs including the Mandatory Recycling and Composting Ordinance, Resource Separation Compliance Ordinance, and the City’s pledges to reduce municipal solid waste generation 15% by 2030 and disposal 50% by 2030.
• Collaborate with the Coordinator to develop zero waste action plans and outreach strategies.
• Collaborate with the Coordinator and/or associate to develop and execute strategies to reduce wasted food, textiles, paper, plastics, and other materials.
• Develop and manage databases for tracking ordinance compliance and outreach activities.
• Conduct refuse assessments and help to maximize zero waste efforts at businesses, apartment buildings, other residences, or establishments.
• Coordinate with service providers, stakeholders, and colleagues on the Environment Now outreach team to ensure sufficient material collection and program implementation for businesses, residents, and property managers.
• Present information to the public, businesses, and trade associations, and respond to inquiries and complaints.
• Provide administrative support on the zero waste grant program.
For more information about the San Francisco Department of the Environment, please visit https://sfenvironment.org.
Please note, applications will only be accepted via the City and County of San Francisco Job Opportunity website.