City Experiences is seeking Deckhands for our Boston Harbor City Cruises operation
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
The successful Deckhand greet all guests and ensure each guest is attended to in an appropriate manner ensuring consistently high levels of safety, quality, service, and guest satisfaction, while maintaining a high level of profitability.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworker.
- Follow safety procedures in order to ensure the protection of passengers and vessel.
- Participate in routine safety drills to prepare for major incidents.
- Handle lines to moor vessels to pier.
- Stand watch in ships’ bows, sterns, or bridge wings in order to look for obstructions in a ship’s path or to locate navigational aids such as buoys and lighthouses.
- Assist Captain and supervisory personnel in maintain vessel equipment and systems such as HVAC, engine, and technical equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of all common areas.
- Sweep, mop, and wash down decks and exterior to remove dirt, and debris, using brooms, mops, brushes, and hoses.
- Load or unload materials from vessels; gather and remove trash from vessel.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time.
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) preferred.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to guests and coworkers.
- Must possess a service orientation – actively looking for ways to help others.
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential.
- Will work for extended periods of time without sitting.
- Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to throw mooring lines from ship to pier.
- Must have normal color vision to accurately interpret navigational lights and color-sensitive system and safety displays.
- May be required to apply for a Transportation Workers ID Card.
- Will be required to be available for work on all major holidays.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.