City Experiences is seeking a Narrator for our Boston Harbor City Cruises operation.
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
The successful Narrator is friendly, upbeat, provides excellent customer service, enjoys interacting with people from all over the world, and is able to learn a “narration script” that includes accurate historical information.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn the historical information for the narration and prepare your own “verbalization” of the 90-minute tour of Boston Harbor. (Narrators are provided with all the necessary historical information and on-site paid )
- Deliver an engaging and informative tour on the vessel, using a wireless mic, in front of the passengers.
- Greet and interact with passengers in a friendly, courteous manner. (Narrators play the role of “congenial host,” greeting guests with a smile, and bidding them farewell at the end of the cruise.)
- Provide directions to points of interest in the area, such as historical sites, restaurants, tourist attractions, transportation etc.
- Take part in safety drills and work in cooperation with the Captain and crew of the vessel.
- Arrive to work on time and punch in and out on the company’s timeclock system.
- Communicate clearly with other departments and personnel.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Ability to learn and memorize historical information, and to deliver an engaging “story-like” tour.
- Ability to express history/facts/anecdotes in a clear and coherent delivery style.
- Capacity to keep calm and maintain a pleasant demeanor in a busy, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to stay on your feet for lengthy periods of time.
- Performing or theatre experience can be helpful but is not necessary. If you have a passion for history and enthusiasm about the city of Boston, the narration skills can be learned and developed.
- A commitment to being on time and delivering a consistently engaging, informative, and interactive tour.
- Shifts are mostly daytime, but availability to work some evening shifts on our Sunset Cruise is highly desirable.
- Must be available to work through at least Labor Day, and preferably through to mid-October.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.