Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls promptly and professionally using learned Hornblower Cruises & Events sales skills to explain products, services and prices
- Obtain guest information and accurately enter orders into reservation systems
- Convert the maximum number of calls to sales
- Assist with outbound telephone promotions to existing guests (10% of the time)
- Performance will be measured by sales bookings, management evaluation, and feedback from guests and peers on the city’s team.
- Resolve guest problems utilizing strong guest service skills and exercising diplomacy
- Utilize appropriate methods to note important guest information and special requests
- Additional job duties as assigned
- High school degree required, some college experience/degree is preferred
- One (1) year guest service experience preferred; call center/reservation experience a plus
- Must live in the Chicagoland area and/or able to commute to the Chicago office for our semi- annual training sessions
- Must be available to work 20-40 hours per week, including required weekend availability; schedule is subject to change weekly according to operational needs
- Must be able to work remotely and maintain a remote workstation where essential duties are able to be met
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills – expression and comprehension
- WPM typing score of 38 or higher is preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Proficient computer skills including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems
- Must deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations
Hornblower has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 38 years. Companies within the Hornblower family include Hornblower Classic Cable Cars, Hornblower Cruises and Events, American Queen Steamboat Company, Victory Cruises, Boston Harbor Cruises, HMS Global Maritime, Statue Cruises, Alcatraz Cruises, Niagara Cruises and NYC Ferry, operated by Hornblower.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
High School or better.
1 year: Guest Service Experience