City Green’s Farm Internship offers a unique educational experience of hands-on farm work. Learn the basic principles of organic regenerative agriculture and join our farm crew during the peak of our growing season!
Farm Intern Tasks and Requirements:
● Greenhouse: learn and participate in all aspects of seeding, propagation, and watering.
● Crop Production: learn and participate in all aspects of field work under the leadership of our Head Farm Manager, and Assistant Farm Manager including but not limited to: weed management, cultivating, transplanting, direct seeding, bed forming and amending, harvesting, washing/packing, and overall land stewardship on our property including mowing and weed whacking.
● Be neat and organized! We pay close attention to maintaining a clean and organized farm—you must be respectful of using shared tools and maintaining an organized space.
● Desire to participate in the City Green community while at work and enjoy working with other people —participate in daily meetings with the farm crew. Our farm crew works together most of the time
● Ability to show up on time every day and be excited about working for a farm that finds success in routine and structure—Farm work by nature is very repetitive! You must be ok with long repetitive tasks.
● Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly & ability and willingness to work in often uncomfortable physical positions for short or long periods of time (example: we work on our hands and knees often and we work outside in all weather)