MAINTENANCE/ZAMBONI ASSISTANT MANAGER – PART TIME
*This position is part-time and is not eligible for benefits.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the guidance of the Operations Manager, the Building/Zamboni Assistant Manager will directly supervise and coordinate activities of Building/Zamboni Attendants; maintain a quality ice surface through scheduled resurfacings and other assigned ice maintenance at the Mystique Community Ice Center; oversee and manage the cleanliness of locker rooms, bathrooms, lobbies, bleachers, concessions and hallways, as well as other assigned areas; serve as backup to the Operations Manager; and perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain ice rink in accordance with posted resurfacing times, ice maintenance equipment, locker rooms, bleachers and Ice Center areas and grounds.
• Perform daily janitorial cleaning tasks and duties.
• Work as a team member to ensure building cleanliness and areas are fully stocked.
• Communicate with supervisor and other staff members any concerns and/or needs of the building and its equipment.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with ice users, staff and supervisors.
• Provide customer service, share information and solve arising issues.
· Train and lead Building/Zamboni Attendants.
• Shovel and salt sidewalks and exits maintaining safe entrance and egress.
• Assist in the opening and/or closing of the building.
• Perform safety checks of building and equipment and insure safe environment for building patrons and users. Proactively address safety.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Detail-Oriented and Attentiveness – Attention to detail and cleanliness.
• Mechanical Aptitude – Handy with basic tools and equipment, and familiar with simple duties and tasks as replacing lights, air filters, etc.
• Written and Verbal Comprehension – Ability to follow written and oral direction and tasks.
• Active Listening and Comprehension – Listening to others, not interrupting, asking good questions and understand what people are saying.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of maintenance experience.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Zamboni driving experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Duties require working weekdays and potentially alternating on weekends; and in a cold air environment.
FLSA (OVERTIME) STATUS: Non-exempt
APPLICATION: For full consideration, submit an electronic employment application at www.cityofdubuque.org/employment no later than October 6, 2021.
The City of Dubuque is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.