The Aquatic Operations Attendant is the main point of contact for patrons at the Front Desk and Concessions areas at the Leawood pool facility. Responsible for monitoring the entrance of the pool facility, the concession stand, greeting and checking in patrons, and answering patron questions. The Aquatics Operations Attendant will assist the Assistant Pool Manager and Pool Manager in monitoring the concession inventory, ordering concession items and maintaining concession cleanliness.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the front desk and concession areas in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Responsible for greeting patrons, answering the pool business phone, and utilizing pool public address system in a professional and courteous manner.
- Responsible for operating the Recreation Department’s point of sale software including but not limited to accepting payments for concession items, daily admission, season passes and punch cards.
- Responsible for updating season pass photos in RecTrac and ensuring photos match the pass holder upon entry of the facility.
- Responsible for enforcing all pool admission and concession stand rules and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining lost and found items in a neat and tidy manner
- Responsible for the opening and closing processes of the concession stand. Responsibilities include ensuring kitchen appliances are working properly, have been cleaned and turned on/off and the concession stand is properly stocked. Notifies the Assistant Pool Manager or Pool Manager when concession inventory is low and kitchen appliances are not working properly.
- Assists in the concession stand with taking and fulfilling orders.
- Wears proper uniform at all times.
- Reports to work regularly and promptly.
- Assists with the daily opening and closing of the aquatic center.
- Maintains cordial relations with public and sets example in general conduct for entire staff.
- Employee may be asked by the supervisor or acting supervisor to perform other duties that are not listed but are essential to the job.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and with the public.
- Ability to use safe work practices while on the job.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines with effective results.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language with proper spelling and grammar to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make decisions in the best interest of both the patron and the city.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain steady communication.
- Ability to make rational decisions efficiently during variable and sometime stressful conditions, including the ability to calmly interact with the public and other City personnel.
- Ability to respond to emergencies, changes and directives effectively.
- Standard office procedures, systems, and practices including the use of a computer and computer software.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have adequate environmental tolerance, including the ability to work in high temperatures and confining work spaces.
Education, Training, and Certification Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.