The Concession / Deck Attendant performs all duties associated with concession operations on a daily basis and performs general cleaning duties and litter control of the swimming pool complex and surrounding area. Responsible for the safe and proper handling of all food items as well as the accurate record of all moneys received, constant attention to the cleanliness and sanitation of the pool deck, bathrooms, and surrounding area.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing and serve food in a sanitary manner.
- Assists in keeping the concession stand and surrounding area clean and sanitized on a daily basis including but not limited to removing trash, inspecting concession products for inventory and freshness. Reports any problems or issues promptly to Assistant Pool Manager or Pool Manager.
- Responsible for hosing down pool decks, removed all trash and debris and cleaning and stocking restrooms on a daily basis.
- Responsible for all cash handling at the concession stand, including but not limited to taking money, operating Department’s point of sale system, making correct change, giving receipt when needed and keeping a record of all monies received.
- Ensures non-authorized staff and patrons stay out of concession area.
- Wears approved attire at all times.
- Reports to scheduled work shifts on time.
- Attends required meeting and training sessions.
- Employee may be asked by the supervisor or acting supervisor to perform other duties that are not listed but are essential to the job.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and with the public.
- Ability to use safe work practices while on the job.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines with effective results.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language with proper spelling and grammar to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make decisions in the best interest of both the patron and the city.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain steady communication.
- Ability to make rational decisions efficiently during variable and sometime stressful conditions, including the ability to calmly interact with the public and other City personnel.
- Ability to respond to emergencies, changes and directives effectively.
- Standard office procedures, systems, and practices including the use of a computer and computer software.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have adequate environmental tolerance, including the ability to work in high temperatures and confining work spaces.
Education, Training, and Certification Requirements
- Must be 14 years or age or older.