The Front Desk Attendant monitors the entrance of the pool facility, greets patrons, makes announcements over the public address system, answers questions, accepts fees and answers incoming telephone calls.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the front desk and basket area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Responsible for greeting patrons, answering the pool business phone, and utilizing pool p.a. system in a professional courteous manner.
- Responsible for operating the Department’s point of sale software, giving receipts, making correct change, keeping a record of all monies received and a count of all pool patrons.
- Responsible for enforcing all pool admission rules and regulations.
- Responsible for assisting all pool patrons with the sale of season pool passes, daily admission and punch cards.
- Wears proper uniform at all times.
- Reports to work regularly and promptly.
- Assists with the daily opening and closing of the aquatic center.
- Maintains cordial relations with public and sets example in general conduct for entire staff.
- Employee may be asked by the supervisor or acting supervisor to perform other duties that are not listed but are essential to the job.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and with the public.
- Ability to use safe work practices while on the job.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines with effective results.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language with proper spelling and grammar to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make decisions in the best interest of both the patron and the city.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain steady communication.
- Ability to make rational decisions efficiently during variable and sometime stressful conditions, including the ability to calmly interact with the public and other City personnel.
- Ability to respond to emergencies, changes and directives effectively.
- Standard office procedures, systems, and practices including the use of a computer and computer software.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have adequate environmental tolerance, including the ability to work in high temperatures and confining work spaces.
Education, Training, and Certification Requirements
- Must be 16 years of age or older, 18 years of age preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.