Half Day Camp Counselor Aide – Cultural Arts
Leawood City Hall, Leawood, KS, US
The City of Leawood, Kansas will be accepting applications for the Seasonal Half Day Camp Counselor Aide -Cultural Arts until May 14, 2021.
The hours will be 8:30am – 12:30pm on the following weeks:
- June 14-18
- June 21-25
- July 12-16
- July 19-23
There will be training the week of June 7th.
Half Day Camp Counselor Aide
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts / Cultural Arts
Cultural Arts Supervisor
$7.25 / hour
The Half Day Camp Counselor Aide assists the Arts Instructor with the day-to-day camp activities. This position is responsible for assisting in the safety and supervision of campers ranging in age from four to eight years of age.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Assists Arts Instructor in implementing and directing camp programs based around the arts.
- Assisting in maintaining and updating camper records including but not limited to attendance, consent forms, and emergency forms.
- Wears approved attire at all times.
- Reports to scheduled work shifts on time.
- Attends required meeting and training sessions.
- Employee may be asked by the supervisor or acting supervisor to perform other duties that are not listed but are essential to the job.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and with the public.
- Ability to use safe work practices while on the job.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines with effective results.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language with proper spelling and grammar to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make decisions in the best interest of both the patron and the city.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain steady communication.
- Ability to make rational decisions efficiently during variable and sometime stressful conditions, including the ability to calmly interact with the public and other City personnel.
- Ability to respond to emergencies, changes and directives effectively.
- Must have adequate environmental tolerance, including the ability to work in high temperatures and confining work spaces.
Education, Training, and Certification Requirements
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must enjoy working with children. Previous experience working with children, preferred.
- Interest in the visual arts, preferred.
Half Day Camp Counselor Aide Cultural Arts 4192021.pdf
Copyright © 2021, ADP, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED