Leawood Aquatic Center, Leawood, KS, US
$9.5000 To $9.5000 Hourly
The Lifeguard maintains safety at the pool facility, corrects infractions by patrons of the pool, and assists in keeping the swimming facility clean.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing constant attention and overseeing the safety of patrons in assigned guarding area in the pool. Correcting infractions of pool rules and regulations by patrons.
- Rescues distressed patrons in emergencies, using rescue techniques and equipment. Applies first aid to those in need and contact emergency medical personnel in serious situations.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall safety of the aquatic center on a day-to-day basis including inspecting the pool equipment, pump room, cleanliness of the facility and overall safety.
- Wears approved attire at all times.
- Reports to scheduled work shifts on time.
- Tracks own time worked on ADP app
- Attends required meeting and training sessions.
- Assists with the daily opening and closing of the aquatic center.
- Employee may be asked by the supervisor or acting to perform other duties that are not listed but are essential to the job.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and with the public.
- Ability to use safe work practices while on the job.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines with effective results.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language with proper spelling and grammar to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make decisions in the best interest of both the patron and the city.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain steady communication.
- Ability to make rational decisions efficiently during variable and sometime stressful conditions, including the ability to calmly interact with the public and other City personnel.
- Ability to respond to emergencies, changes and directives effectively.
- Standard office procedures, systems, and practices including the use of a computer and computer software.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have adequate environmental tolerance, including the ability to work in high temperatures and confining work spaces.
Education, Training, and Certification Requirements
- Must be 15 years of age or older.
- Must be able to obtain a CPR Certificate, First Aid Certificate and Lifeguard Training Certificate