The Swim Instructor is responsible for conducting swim lessons at the Leawood Aquatic Center.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Assists the Swim Lesson Coordinator in conducting swim lessons for patrons ranging in age from one to fourteen years of age. Ensures the safety of the patrons during swim lessons.
- Wears approved attire at all times.
- Reports to scheduled work shifts on time.
- Attends required meeting and training sessions.
- Employee may be asked by the supervisor or acting supervisor to perform other duties that are not listed but are essential to the job.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and with the public.
- Ability to use safe work practices while on the job.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines with effective results.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language with proper spelling and grammar to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make decisions in the best interest of both the patron and the city.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain steady communication.
- Ability to make rational decisions efficiently during variable and sometime stressful conditions, including the ability to calmly interact with the public and other City personnel.
- Ability to respond to emergencies, changes and directives effectively.
- Standard office procedures, systems, and practices including the use of a computer and computer software.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have adequate environmental tolerance, including the ability to work in high temperatures and confining work spaces.
Education, Training, and Certification Requirements
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must currently hold or be able to obtain a CPR Certificate and First Aid Certificate.