The Case Investigator/Contact Tracer will join a fast paced and dynamic team to assist with case investigation and contact tracing for COVID-19 in the city of Newton, MA. The Case Investigator/Contact Tracer calls people newly diagnosed with COVID-19 as well as the contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19. During these calls, the Case Investigator/Contact Tracer will collect epidemiological information and provide instructions for isolation or quarantine. The Case Investigator/Contact Tracer must record all data accurately in the MAVEN (Massachusetts Virtual Epidemiological Network) system. The Case Investigator/Contact Tracer must maintain confidentiality and may not provide clinical or medical advice.
*To all prospective candidates for this position. The City of Newton has implemented a Vaccine Policy which requires, as a condition of employment, that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with the Human Resources Department by November 19, 2021.
- Call individuals newly diagnosed with COVID-19 (cases).
- Call contacts of individuals newly diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Communicate with cases and contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Collect and record information in MAVEN.
- Provide cases with information on isolation according to MA Department of Public Health guidance.
- Provide contacts with information on quarantine according to MA Department of Public Health guidance.
- Refer cases and contacts to resources as needed.
- Follows and adheres to departmental, City and other government rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.