City Winery strives to deliver the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience to our customers who are passionate in sharing wine, music, and culinary arts. We are a unique facility, combining a fully functioning winery with intimate concerts, food & wine classes, private events in a variety of configurations, and fine dining. We have created a compelling mix for our sophisticated clientele of foodies, and active cultural patrons—bringing the wine country experience to the middle of a large city.
We are thrilled and fortunate to be able to resume business and provide a safe workplace for our employees. In the interest of safety for all City Winery employees, the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated unless due to a bona fide medical and/or sincerely held religious reason in which case a reasonable accommodation will be provided unless it causes an undue hardship to City Winery.
Bartenders are responsible for delivering consistently exceptional guest experiences to all guests of City Winery. Duties include preparing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for all patrons, maximizing tasting bar and overall beverage sales by educating guests on beverage offerings, assess and anticipate guest needs, and make recommendations.
- 2+ years experience as a bartender in a fast-paced, high-volume service environment and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong work ethic, team player, and exceptional guest service skills
- Ability to consistently deliver high-quality guest experiences, exceed guest expectations, and strive to create a memorable experience at every City Winery visit
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build positive relationships with people in the scope of employment
- Aptitude to resolve problems
- Ability to execute professional guest service experience
- Ability to navigate venue conditions, including tight spaces, dark room and loud environment
- Ability to handle all guests with composure and hospitality
- Strong knowledge of wine, craft beer and craft spirits
- Polished presentation
- Ability to take direction from others
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must be fluently literate in English including ability to read, write, communicate, conduct basic business related mathematics, and able to accurately function a POS
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the role including standing/walking for entirety of shift, bending, pulling, pushing, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Provide positive guest experience including greeting, conversing with, and thanking departing guests
- Interact with guests, take orders, serve food and beverage, handle transactions, and support guest service needs from beginning to end
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for patrons within standards of City Winery
- Upsell, increase check average, compete in sales incentives, drive marketing promotions & special events, and promote the City Winery brand
- Perform opening and closing duties including set-up, maintenance, and breakdown of the area within the allotted timeframe not to exceed 20% or maximum of 2 hours of the scheduled shift time
- Interact with guests, take orders, and serve food as needed
- Assess guest needs and preferences, provide recommendations to upsell
- Follow all health and safety regulations, including enforcing laws and ordinances in the handling and provision of alcoholic beverages
- Handle payment transactions and maintain accurate cash drawer
- Adhere to and abide by cash handling procedures as per Company standards
- Serve wine, beer and liquor in proper proportions and glassware and charging proper prices for beverages
- Maintain a working knowledge of City Winery brand, history, culture, and programming, both in venue and restaurant
- Maintain menu knowledge, including ingredients, preparation methods, and allergen information and communicate this information tableside to guests
- Ensure proper amount of bar supplies and inventory is readily available at all times
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of work areas including bar, floor, shelves, taps, coolers, and storage areas
- Attend trainings, tastings, meetings, as needed
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and guidelines including being ready to work at scheduled shift time, in uniform, with neat and presentable appearance.
- Perform all other reasonably assigned duties
Perks & Benefits! Comped concerts and dining experiences, employee merchandise and meal discounts, FREE family meal, 401K Retirement Plan, Volunteer Opportunities, Flexible Spending Accounts including pre-tax commuter benefits and parking, & more depending on position and other Company eligibility requirements.