City Winery strives to deliver the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience to our customers who are passionate in sharing wine, music, and culinary arts. We are a unique facility, combining a fully functioning winery with intimate concerts, food & wine classes, private events in a variety of configurations, and fine dining. We have created a compelling mix for our sophisticated clientele of foodies, and active cultural patrons—bringing the wine country experience to the middle of a large city.
Restaurant Hosts are responsible for delivering consistently exceptional guest experiences to guests of City Winery. The Host serves as the first and last point of contact throughout the guest experience and is responsible for greeting guests while entering and departing the location, handling inquiries and reservations, and supporting in other areas of the operation as needed.
- 1+ years experience as a Host in a fast-paced, high-volume service environment and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong work ethic, team player, and exceptional guest service skills
- Ability to consistently deliver high-quality guest experiences, exceed guest expectations, and strive to create a memorable experience at every City Winery visit
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build positive relationships with people in the scope of employment
- Aptitude to resolve problems
- Ability to execute professional guest service experience
- Ability to handle all guests with composure and hospitality
- Polished presentation
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must be fluently literate in English including ability to read, write, communicate, conduct basic business related mathematics, and able to accurately function a POS
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the role including standing/walking for entirety of shift, bending, pulling, pushing, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
- Provide positive guest experience including greeting, conversing with, and thanking departing guests
- Escort guests to seats and set them up for a pleasurable dining experience based on appropriate floor plan
- Accommodate guest requests while seeking management approval when appropriate
- Manage all call-ins and walk -in inquiries, directing to appropriate departmental contacts or taking
messages and communicating to such departments as necessary
- Ensure all dining areas are tidy, presentable, and in safe condition and set up/rearrange/breakdown dining room for service accordingly
- Manage miscellaneous day-to-day communications, including but not limited to, voicemails, emails, deliveries, and reservation calls and communicate any important reservations/guest inquiries.
- Maintain all reservations/seating through designated system
- Provide guests with accurate wait time estimates during busy periods
- Perform necessary opening/closing tasks
- Rotate seating between different stations to ensure even workloads for waitstaff
- Maintain a knowledge of City Winery brand, history, culture, and programming, both in venue and restaurant
- Maintain menu knowledge, including ingredients, preparation methods, and allergen
information and communicate this information tableside to guests
- Maintain organized, clean, and safe work areas at all times
- Attend trainings, tastings, meetings, as needed
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and guidelines including being ready to work at scheduled shift time, in uniform, with neat and presentable appearance.
- Perform all other reasonably assigned duties.
Perks & Benefits! Comped concerts and dining experiences, employee merchandise and meal discounts, FREE family meal, 401K Retirement Plan, Volunteer Opportunities, Flexible Spending Accounts including pre-tax commuter benefits and parking, & more depending on position and other Company eligibility requirements.