Essential Job functions:
· Greets visitors, patients, and families in a friendly professional manner and directs them appropriately.
· Maintains an efficient patient flow through the registration process and provides excellent customer service to patients/families.
· Promptly answers the telephone, directs all calls appropriately, takes an accurate message and delivers to the appropriate individual/demonstrates appropriate etiquette.
· Informs patients of delay in physician schedules, assists with patient comfort while delayed.
· Posts all self pay charges, collects payments, and provides patient with receipt. Accurately reconciles daily payments. Reconciles billing slips to daily schedule.
· Opens and closes batches properly, accurately reconciles collections, prepares deposits and documents corrections.
· Scans the insurance card, processes insurance verifications utilizing the on-line system, and updates the patient account. Updates patient information including demographics, insurance, HIPAA forms and financial waivers.
· Schedules appointments accurately according to department guidelines; using waitlist when applicable. Confirms future appointments as needed. Review Eligibility and Phone report.
· Schedules and enters orders for diagnostic tests, and procedures, following all appropriate workflows.
· Works cooperatively with Patient Care Resources and clinical staff to ensure timely pre-authorizations.
· Completes referrals according to departmental guidelines and properly enters into the appropriate system.
· Effectively communicates problems, concerns, or issues to the Office Supervisor / Manager appropriately and promptly.
General Job functions:
· Performs various clerical duties such as faxing, photocopying, scanning, filing and mailings.
· Demonstrates flexibility with various work schedules, covers for other staff when asked including other office locations.
· Demonstrates the ability to adequately follow downtime procedures.
· Other job duties as required.
Physical Job Requirements:
· Pushing and pulling, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
· Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
· Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers.
· Balance is maintained during climbing, bending and/or reaching
· Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
Environmental Risks: · Chemicals, Chemotherapy and Fumes
· Loud noises
· Extreme temperatures
· Confined spaces
· Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
· Magnetic fields
· Combative patients/visitors
· Exposure to infectious hazards, blood, body fluids, non-intact skin or tissue specimens.
· Contact with patients or patient specimens are possible.
· Unplanned or unexpected exposure.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
· High School Graduate or GED required. Associate Degree preferred.
· Previous PSR experience preferred.
· Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
· Must have excellent customer service skills.
· Must have the ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner.
· Knowledge of medical office and terminology preferred.
· Basic proficiency in computer use required. Previous experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.
· Experience with EHR, Practice Management System and Departmental/Ancillary Systems preferred.
· Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed.
- A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.