It is an exciting time to join Clayton Associates, a family owned and operated business since 1984 located in Lakewood, NJ. Clayton designs and manufactures industrial vacuums and tools, both electric and air powered, for aerospace customers including all aircraft/spacecraft manufacturers, commercial airlines, and military armed forces. Our team designs and engineers products, outsources fabrication, and then brings finished subassemblies back in house for final assembly, testing, and kitting. We are experiencing a period of rapid growth and we are expanding our team to meet the needs of our business and global customer base.
We are seeking an Accounting & Data Entry Specialist to provide support for our accounting operations. This is a fast-paced environment, so we need someone with high energy and the ability to focus, with strong attention to detail. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable with juggling multiple projects at one time. We work hard and have fun every day. Above all, to be successful in this role, numbers and details are your passion.
You Will Spend Your Time:
- Data Entry of sale orders
- Reviewing A/P invoices and processing against purchase order receipts
- Process high volume Vendor Shipment Modules (VSM), a web application created by the Defense Logistics Agency to manage shipments to made to its depots and customer by defense contractors.
- Process cash receipts
- Provide administrative support to the accounting team. Experience with bookkeeping is a plus.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of products and site operations.
The right individual will possess a can-do attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done. The key factors for success in this position are attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Business or Accounting or previous experience working in a high-volume data entry environment is preferred.
- Strong computer skills with particular focus working in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to handle a high volume of orders, invoicing and data entry.
- Candidates should be very comfortable working with web-based applications.
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to maintain positive and friendly demeanor when working with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work with efficiency and great accuracy while meeting tight deadlines.