Safety-Kleen Lexington, SK is currently seeking a Chemist who would be responsible for the routine analysis of samples to determine their chemical and physical properties. This is a traditional lab role that offers opportunity for overtime paid at time and a half.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Run samples on Bulk waste;
- Perform basic analysis of samples following prescribed procedures and complete all paperwork associated with the analyses;
- Input data into waste tracking computerized system;
- Calibrate and utilize basic instrumentation and maintain equipment under direct supervision;
- Ensure that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines;
- Review all applicable laboratory SOP’s on an annual basis and achieve satisfactory scores on SOP quizzes;
- Assist with research paperwork as needed.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or related science required;
- Experience in a laboratory setting preferred;
- Experience with various instruments (ICP and GC) is preferred;
- Solid understanding of math, chemistry and chemical testing.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.