The Engineer (Intern) will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with industrial equipment, systems, and processes, including but not limited to: piping, instrumentation, valves, pumps, coating systems, fire detection and controls, and building/structure maintenance while working under executive leadership at Clean Harbors’ facility in La Porte, TX.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Identify new or existing capital projects, which may vary in size and include both repairs and/or new construction at the facility
- Work with senior leadership on changes in scope of capital projects to ensure the project will be completed on time and within budget
- Assist with the estimation of costs and procurement of labor and materials required for timely completion of the project
- Participate in contract administration with third-party vendors required for construction and equipment purchases
- Interface with regulatory agencies and other key stakeholders
- Perform quality inspections of work performed by plant personnel and subcontractors and maintain checklist(s) to ensure QA/QC
- Other duties as assigned
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Must be pursuing a Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Reliability Engineering (or a related field)
- Excellent academic performance
- Knowledge of AutoCad and MS Project Management software
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is onsite providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.