Clean Harbors is looking for an Environmental Engineer Intern for Summer or Fall of 2021. This role will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with industrial equipment, systems, and processes, including but not limited to: piping, instrumentation, valves, pumps, coating systems, fire detection and controls, and building/structure maintenance while working under executive leadership at Clean Harbors’ facility.
This is a great opportunity for a first engineer internship in Manufacturing, Logistics & Environmental.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Incorporate Refining Plant into facility’s LDAR compliance program
- Identify new or existing capital projects, which may vary in size and include both repairs and/or new construction at the facility
- Work with senior leadership on changes in scope of capital projects to ensure the project will be completed on time and within budget
- Assist with the estimation of costs and procurement of labor and materials required for timely completion of the project
- Participate in contract administration with third-party vendors required for construction and equipment purchases
- Interface with regulatory agencies and other key stakeholders
- Perform quality inspections of work performed by plant personnel and subcontractors and maintain checklist(s) to ensure QA/QC
- Other duties as assigned
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Must be pursuing a degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering (or a related field).
- Excellent academic performance
- Knowledge of AutoCad and MS Project Management software
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.