The Health Physics Intern, internally known as Facility Technician III, will assist the Radiation Program Manager in managing the radiation control program at the Clean Harbors Deer Trail Facility.
The Clean Harbors Deer Trail Facility is sited on the high plains of eastern Colorado in a remote location. The local area is used primarily for cattle grazing and dry-land farming. The facility is a large waste treatment and landfill disposal operation. Dirt and dust are a fact of life at Deer Trail and can pose a special challenge to operations. All Deer Trail workers are radiation workers and may be exposed to ionizing radiation. All Deer Trail workers must be trained per OSHA Hazwoper 40-hour requirements. Most Deer Trail workers may need to be able to wear respiratory protective equipment.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- $17 to $20/hr
Assist the Radiation Program Manager to:
- Ensure proper and safe working conditions for all.
- Protect people and the environment from radiation exposure.
- Assure the facility complies with State, Federal and other regulations.
- Review and recommend radiation safety measures for facility.
- Help in selection, purchase and maintenance of radiation protection, laboratory and detection equipment.
- Review all radiological monitoring data.
- Review laboratory results to ensure compliance with the license.
- Prepare safety and work procedures for radiation protection during facility operations.
- Provide training in radiation operations and procedures to technicians and operators.
- Conduct other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, physics, biology, or engineering; currently enrolled in a graduate program in on the radiation safety specialties
- Knowledge of equipment used in health physics applications,
- Knowledge and experience in radiation hazards and their impact on human health and the environment,
- Ability to handle emergency situations and excellent problem-solving skills,
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to work in teams that may include other science professionals,
- Excellent analytical skills,
- Ability to handle multiple projects,
- Ability to assess potential risks and recommend essential remedial measures,
- Knowledge of technical and scientific aspects of radiation
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Safety-Kleen/Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view a day in the life video!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us through the external application link on Handshake.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.