As a Receiving Chemist you will be responsible for off-loading, inspecting, labeling, sampling, and assigning processing codes for shipments of drummed hazardous waste materials.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following approved policies, procedures, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Receives incoming containers and after sampling/testing properly codes waste for disposal processing in the company network systems.
- Samples incoming drums and performs basic analysis of samples following prescribed procedures.
- Completes all paperwork associated with analysis and drum sampling. Generates records of containers approved for processing.
- Assures all drums are properly final coded for processing and billing according to company protocol.
- Assists with proper management and shipment of outgoing shipments.
- Performs all shipping tasks with a working knowledge of DOT shipping protocol.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment in compliance with all applicable OSHA regulations as well as all applicable company Health & Safety and Compliance protocols.
- High School Diploma or equivalency required
- College science classes or related experience a plus.
- 2+ years of Receiving, Shipping experience required
- Solid understanding of math, chemistry and chemical testing knowledge required
- Computer skills required
- Forklift experience is a plus
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. For many positions, we have implemented a Competency Based Progression and Pay Program, which directly rewards employees for developing increased proficiency in their key job functions through training and experience. At Clean Harbors you are offered unique opportunities for all stages of your career.
Clean Harbors offers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.