Clean Harbors is looking for a Talent Acquisition Intern to join their safety conscious team! The Talent Acquisition Intern will assist the Talent Acquisition Department with a wide range of projects related to talent acquisition, recruiting, onboarding/orientation etc. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related to his or her particular areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that Talent Acquisition can play, and be better prepared to work in the arena of Talent Acquisition or Human Resources. The candidate will also have opportunities to network with the programs, finance, and development staff. This internship is for the fall of 2021.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
· Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
· Competitive wages
· Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
· Positive and safe work environments
· Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
· Steps in the recruiting and hiring process, including: posting job openings, reviewing resumes, conducting telephone and in-person interviews, making job offers and negotiating starting salaries;
· The importance of employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, and forms management;
· The interrelationship of HR and Finance in the areas of new employee paperwork, payroll issues related to onboarding and termination, use of a payroll management database, and report generation;
· Employee benefits management issues related to plan renewal and open enrollment, benefits enrollment and termination, troubleshooting employee benefits issues, and the customer service aspect of benefits oversight;
· Other duties as assigned from time to time by management.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
· High School Diploma or equivalent required;
· Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources, or non-profit management/ administrative fields;
· Strong PC skills/ Microsoft Excel/ PowerPoint/ Word
· Excellent communication skills;
· Strong organizational skills/ Strong attention to details;
· Able to prioritize between multiple tasks;
· Able to maintain confidentiality.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.