JOB SUMMARY: The Solution Based Casework Trainer (SBCT) will work within the Family Support Preventive Services programs, which offers supportive case management services to families at risk of removal of children to foster care due to neglect and abuse. Under the supervision of the Senior Preventive Director, the SBCT will train all levels of preventive staff on the Solution Based Casework Model as part of their onboarding process, as well monitoring/assuring model fidelity throughout the service history of client-families.
• If not already, become a SBC Certified Trainer
• Conduct new staff and specific skills-based trainings including eLearning
• Provide individualized coaching to supervisors and case planners in becoming certified in SBC
• Train new replacement staff within the SBC program
• Serve as a second point of contact for Model Developer of SBC
• Facilitate case-specific consultations in small case planning groups
• Assist in internal and inter-agency communications regarding sharing best practices across programs
• Collaborate with QA/QI and management staff in monitoring fidelity to SBC model and use data and research evidence to strengthen services in its ongoing implementation
• Assist in developing and maintaining SBC communication tools, binders and forms
• Attend meetings with other providers implementing SBC, to ensure consistency across agencies
• May also serve in other roles within the agency concurrently depending on agency needs.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have a master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling, be SBC Certified as a trainer (or be prepared to be trained and pass certification), at least 3 years experience in foster care, preventive services . Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also required, as well as being computer literate. Solid experience in running staff trainings and/or psycho-educational groups is strongly required.