POSITION SUMMARY: The Coalition for Hispanic Family Services is looking for a Senior Program Assistant (SPA) for its Preventive Services program. Under the supervision of the Associate Executive Director of Preventive Services (AED), this position is responsible for general administrative support and supervision of off-site programs involving office, personnel and client related program needs.
1. Serve as the Senior Program Assistant, supervising and coordinating the daily business process of all offsite Program Assistants (3).
2. Serve as the program receptionist to families and guests at the main office Preventive Site. Assure all are welcomed and assisted to their intended party/destination.
3. Organize documents and/or agenda for meetings, conferences, and/or off-site agency representation by the AED.
4. Attend meetings to support AED in gathering minutes to ensure follow up of determinations resulting from the meeting.
5. Supervise the distribution, approval of petty cash, and tracking of receipts by off-site Program Assistants, by following fiscal guidelines for continued petty cash replenishment.
6. Supervise and keep track of the ordering of general supplies by off-site Program Assistants and submit to Operations/Fiscal Departments as required.
7. Supervise and keep track off any/all check requests and receipts of off-site programs for AED review/approval and tracking of expenses.
8. Supervise the administrative process of newly hired candidates by off-site Program Assistants, monitor and assure the completion of staff performance appraisals, including a professional development plan, prior to the completion of the probationary period, and on a yearly basis thereafter.
9. Keep track of Preventive employee daily attendance, vacation days, sick days for AED review.
10. Keep AED abreast of administrative, operational and fiscal issues that may require immediate attention.
11. Maintain/develop tracking logs (personnel, client-related, fiscal) for immediate access of information by the AED for reporting to QA, executive director, and/or ACS.
12. Assist and support the executive team during proposal writing by collecting program data from all offsite programs, or other duties as maybe required.
13. Maintain all administrative decisions, processes, and/or performance issues with personnel confidential.
14. Complete other assignments as needed, as designated by the AED, or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree acquired or in progress
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience working in a family services setting
- Professional demeanor and attitude; ability to interface with families as well as senior leadership, and staff
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to work independently and have familiarity with office systems knowledge of Word and Excel data base
- Type 45 WPM, or better
- Team player and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain discretion and integrity