2021 Coastal Plain League Office Operations Internship
Start Date: Mid-May 2021
End Date: Mid-August 2021
Academic Qualifications: Prefer sports management, administration or business fields of study, but will consider any and all other qualified applicants.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Must be very detail and deadline driven, if that is not you this is not the job for you.
• Needs to be able to work in a pressure filled environment and make decisions on their own when needed.
• Must be mature and responsible enough to take leadership role, this intern holds an integral role in the operations of the league. Not a coffee and tea run type of gig.
• Computer savvy, comfortable with Microsoft Word, Excel and all google drive components.
• Knowledge of baseball a plus
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and eligibility a plus
Description and Responsibilities:
We will hire two operations interns to work in the league office side-by-side with us during the 2021 season. These interns hold an integral role in the success of our league and thus we will hold them to a very high standard. It will be a fun family like atmosphere, but hard work at times as well.
Interns main duty is to collect, input, edit and maintain all 15 franchises rosters on a day-to-day basis. This includes upholding both NCAA eligibility rules and CPL roster rules as well as monitoring daily roster moves and sending out updated rosters post the daily transaction deadline.
Interns will also have the opportunity to grow and learn in numerous areas of league operations. Whether they wish to dip their toe in something specific or want to help in all areas, those opportunities are there. Again we cannot stress enough that this is a great learning experience for any students looking to gain hands on experience.
Expected to work 9-5 in the office M-F, with limited hours of remote work on the weekends to maintain rosters as needed. Must work all holidays unless otherwise stated by the league.
This internship is typically very competitive so we look forward to reviewing your application! Do not apply for this internship if you are not willing to commit for the full summer. This is a great opportunity for students looking to work in their field to show themselves off to future employers, we expect interns to treat it as such and will not accept anything but top effort. Also do not apply if you hate having fun and despise getting to wear shorts to work.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor, or general elective
Thanks for your interest in the Coastal Plain League!